To install Trifacta® Self-Managed Enterprise Edition inside your enterprise infrastructure, please review and complete the following sections in the order listed below.
- Installation of Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition on a server on-premises
- Installation of Trifacta databases on a server on-premises
- Integration with a supported Hadoop cluster on premises.
- Base storage layer of HDFS
For general limitations of Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition, see Product Limitations in the Planning Guide.
Please acquire the following assets:
- Install Package: Acquire the installation package for your operating system.
- Offline system dependencies: If you are completing the installation without Internet access, you must also acquire the offline versions of the system dependencies. See Install Dependencies without Internet Access.
Before you install Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition, please complete the following steps.
Deploy Hadoop cluster: In this scenario, the Trifacta platform does not create a Hadoop cluster.
NOTE: Installation and maintenance of a working Hadoop cluster is the responsibility of the customer. Guidance is provided below on the requirements for integrating the platform with the cluster.
- Deploy Trifacta node: Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition must be installed on an edge node of the cluster.
Details are below.
Deploy the Cluster
In your enterprise infrastructure, you must deploy a cluster using a supported version of Hadoop to manage the expected data volumes of your Trifacta jobs.
The Trifacta platform supports integration with the following cluster types. For more information on the supported versions, please see the listed sections below.
- See Supported Deployment Scenarios for Cloudera.
- See Supported Deployment Scenarios for Hortonworks.
- For more information on suggested sizing, see Sizing Guidelines in the Planning Guide.
NOTE: Cluster information including cluster configuration files must be accessible to the Trifacta node. These requirements are described in the following section.
- By default, smaller jobs are executed in the Photon running environment on the Trifacta node.
- Larger jobs are executed using Spark on the integrated Hadoop cluster. A supported version of Spark must be installed on the cluster. For more information, see System Requirements in the Planning Guide.
Prepare the cluster
Please verify or complete the following steps if you are integrating with a Hadoop cluster: Change the ownership of NOTE: You must verify that the Verify that WebHDFS is configured and running on the cluster. For more information, see Prepare Hadoop for Integration with the Platform in the Configuration Guide.
] and a group for it
trifacta:trifacta or the corresponding values for the Hadoop user in your environment.
[hadoop.user] user has complete ownership and full access to Read, Write and Execute on these directories recursively.
Change the ownership of
NOTE: You must verify that the
Verify that WebHDFS is configured and running on the cluster.
For more information, see Prepare Hadoop for Integration with the Platform in the Configuration Guide.
Additional users may be required. For more information, see Required Users and Groups in the Planning Guide.
Deploy the Trifacta node
An edge node of the cluster is required to host the Trifacta platform software. For more information on the requirements of this node, see System Requirements in the Planning Guide.
The installation and configuration process requires the following steps. To continue, see Next Steps below.
Install software: Install the Trifacta platform software on the Trifacta node. See Install Software.
Install databases: The platform requires several databases for storage.
NOTE: The default configuration assumes that you are installing the databases on a PostgreSQL server on the same edge node as the software using the default ports. If you are changing the default configuration, additional configuration is required as part of this installation process.
For more information, see Install Databases in the Databases Guide.
- Start the platform: For more information, see Start and Stop the Platform.
- Login to the application: After software and databases are installed, you can login to the application to complete configuration:
- See Login.
As soon as you login, you should change the password on the admin account. In the left nav bar, select User menu > Admin console > Admin settings. Scroll down to Manage Users. For more information, see Change Admin Password in the Configuration Guide.
Tip: At this point, you can access the online documentation through the application. In the left nav bar, select Help menu > Documentation. All of the following content, plus updates, is available online. See Documentation below.
- Install configuration: After you are able to successfully login to the Trifacta application, you must configure the product to work with your backend storage layer and the running environment on the cluster. See Install Configuration.
To continue, please install the Trifacta software on the Trifacta node.
NOTE: Please complete the installation steps for the operating system version that is installed on the Trifacta node.
See Install Software.
This page has no comments.