When you select a Azure® Synapse Analytics (Formerly Microsoft® SQL DW)® connection to publish your job results, you can configure the following options for the generated table.
For more information on creating these connections, see Microsoft SQL Data Warehouse Connections.
- Select location: Navigate the Azure Synapse Analytics (Formerly Microsoft SQL DW) browser to select the schema to which to publish.
- To create a new table, click Create a new table.
- Select table options:
- Table name:
- New table: enter a name for it. You may use a pre-existing table name, and schema checks are performed against it.
Existing table: you cannot modify the name.
Output schema: To change the schema to which you are publishing, click the connection icon in the sidebar. Select a different schema.
Optional table types: The following options may be available:
Publish as external table: Output is published as an external table to the specified location in your storage layer. Otherwise, the table is published as a managed table.
NOTE: When publishing to an external table, the output file type is Parquet.
Publish actions: Depending on your selection or selections above, the following publishing actions on the table are supported. For more information, see "Publish Actions" below.
- Create new table every run: Each run generates a new table with a timestamp appended to the name.
Append to this table every run: Each run adds any new results to the end of the table.
NOTE: Appending the table is not supported for external tables.
Truncate the table every run: With each run, all data in the table is truncated and replaced with any new results.
NOTE: Truncating the table is not supported for external tables.
Drop the table every run: With each run, the table is dropped (deleted), and all data is deleted. A new table with the same name is created, and any new results are added to it.
NOTE: If the target is an external table, you can only drop the table when you first re-run a job to the target, after which you can choose to recreate the target as a managed or external table.
- Table name:
- To save the publishing action, click Add.
This page has no comments.