When you select a dataset with parameters in Flow View, additional options are available in its context menu and the Details panel.
For more information on these objects, see Overview of Parameterization.
Icon context menu
The following menu options are available when you select the plus icon next to the dataset with parameters:
- Add new recipe: Add a new recipe extending from the current recipe. This new recipe operates on the outputs of the original recipe.
- Add Join: Add a join step as the new last step to the recipe. See Join Window.
- Add Union: Add a union step as the new last step to the recipe. See Union Page.
The following options are available in the Details context menu when you select a dataset with parameters:
- Recipe: Add a recipe for this dataset.
- Join: Join this dataset with another recipe or dataset. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Join Window.
- Union: Union this dataset with one or more recipes or datasets. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Union Page.
- View dataset details: Explore details of the dataset. See Dataset Details Page.
- Edit name and description: (Available to flow owner only) Change the name and description for the object.
- Edit parameters: If your dataset contains parameters, you can change the parameters and their default values.
- Remove structure: (If applicable) Remove the initial parsing structure. When the structure is removed:
- The dataset is converted to an unstructured dataset. An unstructured dataset is the source data converted into a flat file format.
- All steps to shape the dataset are removed. You must break up columns in manual steps in any recipe created from the object.
- See View for Unstructured Datasets.
- Remove from Flow: Remove the dataset from the flow.
All dependent flows, outputs, and references are not removed from the flow. You can replace the source for these objects as needed.
NOTE: References to the deleted dataset in other flows remain broken until the dataset is replaced.
Tip: You can also right-click the dataset with parameters to view all the menu options.
When you select a dataset with parameters in Flow View, you can review the parameters that have been specified for the selected dataset in the right panel.
- Type: Indicates where the data is sourced or the type of file.
- Size: Size of the file. Units may vary.
- More details: Review details on the flows where the dataset is used.
- Path: Full path to the target location.
- Parameters: Indicates the number of parameters in the dataset.
- Type: Type of the pattern.
- Rule: Rule applied to the pattern.
This page has no comments.