Supported Cloudera Distributions
For this release, the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta® platform supports the following Cloudera versions.
NOTE: Cloudera 6.x and later requires use of native Hadoop libraries from the cluster.
Cloudera 6.3.x (recommended)
- Cloudera Data Platform 7.1
- Update Date: October 29, 2021
- The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform supports all variants of patch or point releases (X.Y.* and X.Y.*.* releases) through the Hadoop vendor's backwards compatibility policy.
- For individual versions of Hadoop components (such as HDFS, Spark, and Hive), the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform supports the component version that is bundled with the vendor's package for the supported Hadoop distribution.
- For more information on how to set up your Hadoop distribution, please consult the documentation provided with your distribution or contact your distribution vendor.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all items listed below are supported across all Hadoop distribution versions listed above. Unlisted items are not supported. Please contact Alteryx Support or your sales representative for items not listed here.
NOTE: The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform software must be installed on a gateway node of the Cloudera cluster. For more information, see System Requirements in the Planning Guide.
|Physical On Premise Machines||Supported.|
|VMWare / VXServer||Supported.|
NOTE: Deployment to an Amazon EC2 is supported. See Supported Deployment Scenarios for AWS.
|HDFS File Permissions||Supported.|
|HDFS Privileges||Supported through Sentry.|
|Hive Privileges||Supported through Sentry.|
|Kerberos-Enabled Hadoop Cluster||Supported.|
|Secure User Impersonation|
|Name Node, Resource Manager, HttpFS||Supported.|
Supported File Formats
See Supported File Formats in the User Guide.
The Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform supports connectivity for execution to the following Hadoop environments for this vendor's distributions. Connectivity exceptions are listed below:
|Running Environment||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer||Hive Reader w/ HiveServer2|
|Profiling Environment||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer|
|Profiling on Spark||Supported.||Supported.|
|Storage Platform||HDFS Reader||HDFS Writer|
|Storage Platform||Amazon S3 Reader||Amazon S3 Writer|
This page has no comments.