Trifacta Photon is an in-memory running environment that is hosted on the Alteryx node. This environment is initialized only when a job is queued for execution on it. Designed for small- to medium-sized jobs, it offers superior performance due to its location on the Alteryx node and its in-memory processing.
When you choose to run a job in the Designer Cloud application, Trifacta Photon is selected as the default running environment if it is available and the job size is estimated to small or medium.
Tip: Trifacta Photon is also used for sampling jobs that are configured to use the Quick Scan method. For more information, see Overview of Sampling.
Tip: In the Run Job page, select Photon to run the job on this running environment.
Trifacta Photon is enabled by default but can be disabled as needed.
- Jobs that are executed on Trifacta Photon may be limited to run for a maximum of 10 minutes, after which they fail with a timeout error. If your job fails due to this limit, please switch to running the job on Dataflow.
- Scheduled jobs cannot be run on Trifacta Photon.
- Trifacta Photon cannot process numeric values with more than 16 digits. Columns containing such values are converted to String values, and the digits beyond 16 are converted to 0.
- When a recipe containing a user-defined function is applied to text data, any null characters cause records to be truncated during Trifacta Photon job execution. In these cases, please execute the job on another running environment.
- For most array functions, such as ARRAYUNIQUE and KEYS functions, the order of elements in the output cannot be guaranteed.
NOTE: For more information on configuring Trifacta Photon, see Configure Photon Running Environment.
This page has no comments.