- If it is integrated with a Cloudera cluster, it must be installed on a gateway node that is managed by Cloudera Manager
- If it is integrated with a Hortonworks cluster, it must be installed on an Ambari/Hadoop client that is managed by Hortonworks Ambari.
- If it is integrated with an HDI clusteran HDI cluster, it must be installed on an edge node.
- Customers who originally installed an earlier version on a non-edge node will still be supported. If the software is not installed on an edge node, you may be required to copy over files from the cluster and to synchronize these files after upgrades. The cluster upgrade process is more complicated.
- This requirement does not apply to the following cluster integrations:
- AWS EMR
- Azure Databricks
NOTE: If you are installing the