To assist in building your recipe, you can associate a target with the recipe. This target schema is displayed in the Target Matching bar in the Transformer page above your column histograms, so that you can track how you are progressing toward completion of the recipe.
NOTE: A target is a snapshot of the target at the time of creation. It does not inherit changes from the source after creation. To update the target for later changes, you must delete and recreate the target. Instructions are provided below.
- Open the flow containing the recipe. In Flow View, create or select the recipe.
If a target already exists for the recipe, select Remove Target from the context menu in the right panel.
NOTE: A recipe can have one and only one target associated with it.
- After deleting the old one, from the context menu, select Assign Target to Recipe.
- Select the imported dataset, recipe, or reference to use as your target for this recipe. Click Add.
- If the target looks accurate, click OK. If not, click Cancel.
- The target is associated with your recipe.
Tip: You can also assign a target from the toolbar in the Transformer page. See Transformer Toolbar.
NOTE: You cannot edit a target through
- If the source of the target needs to be re-imported into
, please do so now.
D s product
- In Flow View, select the recipe to which the target is assigned. From the context menu for the recipe, select the following:
- Select Remove Target to remove the current target.
- Select Assign Target to Recipe to select a the new target.
After a schema has been associated with your recipe, schema information and a few example rows are displayed in the data grid of the Transformer page. These examples serve to guide your transformation operations. See Data Grid Panel.