uses multiple SQL databases to manage platform metadata. This section describes how to install and initialize these databases.
DB Installation Pre-requisites
- You must install a supported database distribution. For more information on the supported database versions, see System Requirements.
- You must also acquire the database dependencies associated with the operating system distribution where the database is to be installed. Please see the database vendor for more information.
- Please verify that the ports used by the database are opened on the .
- For more information on default ports, see System Ports.
- If you need to use different ports, additional configuration is required. More instructions are provided later.
- Installation and configuration of the database cannot be completed until the has been installed. You should install the software on the first.
Other pre-requisites specific to the database distribution may be listed in the appropriate section below.
If you are concerned about durability and disaster recovery of your , your enterprise backup procedures should include the . See Backup and Recovery.
List of Databases
requires access to the following databases. Below, you can review database names, descriptions and release in which it was introduced:
|Database Name||Description||First Release|
|Storage of users and metadata about your datasets, including completed jobs.||Release 1.0|
|Jobs database||Storage of job tracking information. Jobs are purged upon completion or job timeout. Failed jobs are purged periodically. ||Release 3.2|
|Configuration Service database||Storage of parameter settings at the workspace level. For more information, see Workspace Admin Page.||Release 6.0|
|Artifact Storage Service database||Storage for feature-specific usage data such value mappings.||Release 6.0|
|Job Metadata Service database||Storage of metadata on job execution.||Release 6.4|
|Storage of schedules, including datasets to execute. For more information, see Configure Automator.||Release 4.1|
|Time-based Trigger database||Storage of triggering information. For more information, see Configure Automator.||Release 4.1|