|D s platform|
- Group definitions must be pulled in from LDAP through a supported SSO integration.
- You cannot create and manage groups from within the product.
- You cannot import groups from other identity providers.
- Supported SSO integrations:
- Configure SSO for AD-LDAP - platform native method
- Untested SSO integrations:
- In this release, groups apply only to the sharing of connections and flows.
Enable and configure SSO
You must enable and configure one of the supported SSO integration methods.
Please review and set the following platform settings.
D s config
Locate the following settings and apply values as needed:
Setting Description "feature.groups.enabled" Set this value to
trueto enable use of LDAP groups in the platform.
Set this value to the LDAP search result parameter containing the value to be used as the name of a group in the
. This value must have unique values, since groups in the
D s webapp
must have unique names.
D s platform Tip
"cn"is a good choice.
"feature.groups.ldapServers" An array of parameters, listing LDAP servers to use for synching of groups "feature.groups.defaultGroupFilters"
You must provide at least one search filter string to use to query the LDAP servers for groups. The following example searches for all groups named
A search filter doesn't need to use the
ouparameter. Any valid LDAP search filter can be used.
Each search filter must include parentheses at the beginning and the end.
Each filter string is expected to return a single item. If the search results include multiple items, only the first item is used.
If this value is empty, no groups are synched.
- Save your changes and restart the platform.
All users must be created in the
|D s platform|
NOTE: The email address for the user in the
After the platform users and groups have been synched with the LDAP identity provider:
- Any objects shared to a group are shared to individual users of the group as collaborators.
If an LDAP user has no corresponding
user at the time of synching, the platform user is automatically added to the group and inherits the group's permissions when the account is created.
D s platform Info
NOTE: If a
user is removed from an LDAP group, the user remains a member of the platform group until groups are synched again. When groups are synched, the user is removed from the group and loses access to any objects shared with the group.
D s platform
Sync Users and Groups via API
You can use the following endpoint to sync the platform with the configured LDAP servers for their groups.
NOTE: This endpoint must be triggered using an admin account.
|Response Status Code||200 - OK|
The response body contains the list of groups that have been added or removed based on the synching:
- The backslash
\character indicates that the line continues on the following line.
- The following example references the use of an API token generated for the admin user. For more information, see Manage API Access Tokens.
curl -X POST \ http://www.example.com:3005/v4/groups/syncGroups \ -H 'authorization: Basic <auth_token>' \ -H 'cache-control: no-cache'