You can import one or more tables into the Library or immediately add them to a new or existing flow.
NOTE: When you import a file, the data is not stored in
Other import options:
- From the menubar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Import Data.
- From the left sidebar in the Import Data page, select the connection to the relational datastore where your data is located.
- Browse the relational datastore to locate the table that you wish to import.
- You must have read permissions on any database and table that you wish to import. For more information, see Using Databases.
- Create Dataset with SQL: You can apply a custom SQL statement to import from a database. For more information, see Create Dataset with SQL.
- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a table that you have imported.
- The application's data types are applied to the table's columns during the import process. If needed, you can disable type inference, so that the data types of the original source are preserved, if possible, during import. For more information, see Disable Type Inference.
- When you are ready to complete the import process:
- If you are importing a single table: click Import to load it into the Library page. Or, you can click Import & Wrangle to import the table, add it to a flow of the same name, create a recipe for the imported dataset and begin editing that recipe in the Transformer page.
- If you are importing multiple tables: click Import Datasets to load them into the Library page. Or, you can click the Add Datasets to Flow checkbox to select or create the flow to which to add these imported datasets. Click Import & Add to Flow.
- Your tables are imported as imported datasets.
For more information, see Import Data Page.