- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a file that you have imported.
- By default, the application applies a few steps to file-based imported datasets to attempt to organize them into tabular format and hides these steps from your recipe. As needed, you can disable these automated steps, so that the steps themselves appear in the Recipe panel. For more information, see Remove Initial Structure.
- If your file uses a different file encoding than the default encoding, you can change it for the file during the import process. For more information, see Change File Encoding.
When you are ready to complete the import process:
Tip: If present, you can click the Add to new flow checkbox, which adds the imported datasets to an
Untitledflow. For more information, see Flow View Page.
If you are importing a single file: click Continue to load to add it to a new flow, create a recipe for the imported dataset, and begin editing that recipe. See Transformer Page.
- If you are importing multiple files: click Continue to load them into a new flow. You can begin working with them in Flow View. See Flow View Page.
- Your files are available as imported datasets.