When you select an imported dataset in Flow View, you can review its details in the context panel and select options from its context menu.
Imported Dataset icon
Icon context menu
The following menu options are available when you select the plus icon next to the imported dataset:
- Add new recipe: Add a new recipe extending from the current recipe. This new recipe operates on the outputs of the original recipe.
- Add Join: Add a join step as the new last step to the recipe. See Join Window.
- Add Union: Add a union step as the new last step to the recipe. See Union Page.
The following options are available in the details context menu when you select an imported dataset.
- Recipe: Add a recipe for this dataset.
- Join: Join this dataset with another recipe or dataset. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Join Window.
- Union: Union this dataset with one or more recipes or datasets. If this dataset does not have a recipe for it, a new recipe object is created to store this step. See Union Page.
- View dataset details: Explore details of the dataset. See Dataset Details Page.
- Replace: Replace the dataset with a different dataset or reference dataset.
- Edit name and description: (Available to flow owner only) Change the name and description for the object.
- Remove structure: (If applicable) Remove the initial parsing structure. When the structure is removed:
- The dataset is converted to an unstructured dataset. An unstructured dataset is the source data converted into a flat file format.
- All steps to shape the dataset are removed. You must break up columns in manual steps in any recipe created from the object.
- See View for Unstructured Datasets.
- Remove from Flow: Remove the dataset from the flow.
All dependent flows, outputs, and references are not removed from the flow. You can replace the source for these objects as needed.
NOTE: References to the deleted dataset in other flows remain broken until the dataset is replaced.
Tip: You can also right-click the imported dataset to view all the menu options.
When you select an imported dataset, you can preview the data contained in it, replace the source object, and more from the right-side panel.
Imported Dataset view
Data Preview: In the Data Preview window, you can see a small section of the data that is contained in the imported dataset. This window can be useful for verifying that you are looking at the proper data.
Tip: Click the preview to open a larger dialog, where you can select and copy data.
- Type: Indicates where the data is sourced or the type of file.
- File Size: Size of the file. Units may vary.
- More details: Review details on the flows where the dataset is used.