In the Jobs Job History page, you can track the status of all of your jobs and plan runs.
- Flow jobs: These jobs execute transformations on your source data to generate outputs.
- Sample jobs: For more information on sampling jobs, see Sample Jobs Page.
You can only see jobs for the flows to which you have access in your current environment.
Jobs can be initiated from:
JobsJob History page
Each job listed in the Jobs Job History page is a grouping of related jobs acting on the same recipe and dataset(s). Each of these jobgroups breaks down into one or more of the following job types.
- Transform: These jobs perform transformations on imported datasets based on the recipe from which the job was launched.
- Profile: If enabled as part of the job definition, a Profile job generates a visual summary of the results of your transformation job.
- Profiling jobs may take longer than transformation jobs.
Even when selected, profiling jobs may not appear in the Jobs Job History page. In some cases, a profiling job may be folded into a transform job for optimization reasons.
NOTE: When the profiling job is run as part of the transform job, there is no listing for profiling in the mouse-over popup.
- See Job Details Page.
Publish: Depending on multiple factors, your job may include a second Publish job that occurs after the Transform job. For example, jobgroups job groups can include internal Publish jobs for writing results to the designated location in the base storage layer.
Publishing can also be executed as a separate, post-execution job. As needed, job results can be published from their target location to another location or data store. These jobs are tracked separately as Publish jobs and can be launched from the Job Details page. For more information, see Job Details Page
- Ingest: For larger datasets from some relational connections, the platform transfers the data from the source to the default storage layer for faster processing. These ingest jobs occur before any transform or profiling takes place.
Tabs and Statuses:
Each of the available tabs corresponds to a possible status for jobs that have been initiated on the platform.
You can review and drill into any job that you initiated.
- You can also drill into any job that was initiated from a flow that has been shared with you.
- Job: Internal identifier for the job. This value is unique for all jobs in your
D s item item instance r true
- Click the ID number to explore details about the job. See Job Details Page.
- Run from:
- Location where the job was launched. Click the link to view details.
- See Tabs above.
Started: Start timestamp for the job.
- Scheduled jobs are indicated with an icon.
Additional options are available for each job. See Job Details Page.
To filter the list of jobs based on dates or source of execution, click the Funnel icon. You can use the following dialog to filter the display of jobs.
Filter Jobs dialog
- To clear the time period values, click Clear Filters.
- To apply the specified time filter to the Jobs Job History page, click Apply.
|D s also|