Column names are case-insensitive and cannot begin with whitespace.
NOTE: When publishing to Avro, Parquet, or database tables, column names support alphanumeric characters and the underscore (_) character only. Other characters cause an error to occur.
You can apply literals,
|D s item|
Use row(s) as
When this method is applied, all of the values in the specified row or rows are used as the new names for each column.
- If a value is not applied for the source row number, the first next row of data is used.
- Source row numbers apply. Current row numbers may not be the same. In the data grid, mouse over the leftmost column to see available row information.
- Each value in the row or combination of values across rows must be unique within the rowset of new column names.
- The row is removed from its original position.
The following transformation renames the columns in the dataset based on the values in rows 3 and 4 of the data:
In the above:
- The Separator is defined as an underscore character (
- When Fill across is selected, if any row value is empty, the last non-empty value for the row in a previous column is used as part of the column header.