Before you begin, please verify that your
meets the following requirements:
D s item item environment r true
NOTE: In the Admin Settings page are some deprecated parameters pertaining to Redshift. Please ignore these parameters and their settings. They do not apply to this release.
- S3 base storage layer: Redshift access requires use of S3 as the base storage layer, which must be enabled. See Set Base Storage Layer.
- Same region: The Redshift cluster must be in the same region as the default S3 bucket.
- Integration: Your
is connected to one of the supported Spark-based running environments:
D s item item instance
- Cloudera: Supported Deployment Scenarios for Cloudera
Hortonworks:Supported Deployment Scenarios for Hortonworks
is deployed either on-premises or in EC2.
D s platform
- When publishing to Redshift through the Publishing dialog, output must be in Avro or JSON format. This limitation does not apply to direct writing to Redshift.
- You can publish any specific job once to Redshift through the export window. See Publishing Dialog.
You can create Redshift connections through the following methods.