- You have access to all of the flows that you wish to use in your plan.
- For each flow in your plan:
- All of the recipes whose results you wish to generate have output objects associated with them.
- Each output object has at least one of the following that has been created for it:
- file-based output
NOTE: In a flow, all recipes that you wish to have executed by the corresponding task must have a defined output object. For each output object, you must create at least one write file or table settings definition. During plan runs, these objects are not validated, and missing outputs are ignored.
NOTE: Parameter values are applied to a plan, but you cannot apply parameter overrides to the plan. You can apply flow parameter overrides on individual flows in Flow View. These overrides are applied at the time of plan execution.
Identify the tasks that you wish to execute.
NOTE: You must have access to any flows that you wish to execute.
- Add a task.
- In Plan View, click the Plus icon at the bottom of your plan.
- Specify the task to execute.
Repeat the previous step to add additional tasks as needed.
Tip: You can insert tasks between other tasks. Use the Plus icon between two plan objects.
- To test your plan, click Run now. The plan is immediately executed.
Edit the plan and repeat the above steps until the plan is ready for production runs.
Tip: While a plan is in development, you may wish to disable its schedule, which prevents execution according to the schedule. You can still run test executions using the Run Now button.
- Create the schedule for the plan.
- In the context menu for the plan, select Schedule.
- Specify one or more triggers for the schedule. When a trigger occurs, the plan is queued for execution.
- When ready, the plan runs at the time scheduled in the trigger.