- Macros are user-defined sequences of recipe steps that can be referenced independently and parameterized as needed.
- For more information on creating macros, see Create a or Replace Macro.
- For more information, see Overview of Macros.
- Through Flow View, edit the recipe into which you are inserting the macro.
- In the Recipe panel, click the recipe cursor to the location where you are inserting it. See Recipe Panel.
In the Transformer toolbar, click the Macros icon. See Transformer Toolbar.
Tip: In the Search panel in the Transform Builder, you can search for
Macroand then select the macro to use.
- Search for and select the macro to insert. The macro is displayed in the Transform Builder.
Specify any parameter values required for the macro.
NOTE: Parameter values must be literal values. Use of flow parameters or metadata references is not supported.
- To add the macro to the recipe, click Add.
- The macro is added as an Apply step.
- Inspect macro: Click to see the definition of the macro. Definition is displayed in
D s lang
Convert macro to steps: Convert the instance of the macro to a set of static steps.
NOTE: This option converts the instance of the macro. The macro still exists.