- Details: Review details about the dataset. See Dataset Details Page.
Preview: Inspect a preview of the dataset.
NOTE: Preview is not available for binary format sources.
- Use in new Flow: (Imported dataset only) You can create a new flow and begin immediately wrangling the dataset. This step also creates a recipe in the flow.
- Add to Flow: Add the dataset to a new or existing flow.
Make a copy: Create a copy of the imported dataset. This option is not available for reference datasets.
- Edit name and description: Change the name and description of the dataset.
Edit data settings: If the source of the imported dataset required conversion to an internally supported format, you can modify settings related to that conversion process. For more information, see File Import Settings.
Tip: This setting applies primarily to binary file formats, such as PDF and Excel, or file formats that may require additional steps to convert into tabular data, such as JSON.
Delete Dataset: Delete the dataset.
Deleting a dataset cannot be undone.
Settings: Modify settings for the imported dataset.
- For more information, see Dataset Configuration Settings - Beta.
Refresh Dataset: If available, this option refreshes the dataset's metadata with the latest source schema.
NOTE: If you attempt to refresh the schema of a parameterized dataset based on a set of files, only the schema for the first file is checked for changes. If changes are detected, the other files are contain those changes as well. This can lead to changes being assumed or undetected in later files and potential data corruption in the flow.
For more information, see Overview of Schema Management.