Computes the mode (most frequent value) from all row values in a column, according to their grouping. Input column can be of Integer, Decimal, or Decimal Datetime type.
- If a row contains a missing or null value, it is not factored into the calculation. If the entire column contains no values, the function returns a null value.
- If there is a tie in which the most occurrences of a value is shared between values, then the lowest value of the evaluated set is returned.
- When used in a
pivottransform, the function is computed for each instance of the value specified in the
groupparameter. See Pivot Transform.
For a version of this function computed over a rolling window of rows, see ROLLINGMODE Function.
Datetime inputs to this function return Unixtime values.
- These values can be wrapped in a DATEFORMAT function. See DATEFORMAT Function.
- For a date-native version of this function, see MODEDATE Function.
D s lang vs sql
Name of the column the values of which you want to calculate the function. Column must contain Integer, Decimal, or Decimal valuesDatetime values.
NOTE: If the input is in Datetime type, the output is in unixtime format. You can wrap these outputs in the DATEFORMAT function to generate the results in the appropriate Datetime format. See DATEFORMAT Function.
- Literal values are not supported as inputs.
- Multiple columns and wildcards are not supported.