This section provides additional configuration requirements for integrating the
with the Cloudera platform.
NOTE: Except as noted, the following configuration items apply to the latest supported version of Cloudera platform.
Before you begin, it is assumed that you have completed the following tasks:
- Successfully installed a supported version of Cloudera platform into your enterprise infrastructure.
- Installed the in your environment. For more information, see Install Process.
- Reviewed the mechanics of platform configuration. See Required Platform Configuration.
- Configured access to the . See Initialize the Databases.
- Performed the basic Hadoop integration configuration. See Configure for Hadoop.
You have access to platform configuration through the or through the Admin Settings page.
Configure Hive Locations
If you are enabling an integration with Hive on the Hadoop cluster, there are some distribution-specific parameters that must be set. For more information, see Configure for Hive.
Configure SSL for Hive
CDH supports two methods of enabling SSL communications with Hive:
- SASL-QOP method: Enable encryption between Hive JDBC and HiveServer 2 using SASL-QOP. This method is available by default with the .
- TLS/SSL method: Use TLS/SSL encryption for JDBC connections to HiveServer 2.
To determine the method in use:
- In Cloudera Manager configuration, search for:
- If the options for TLS/SSL are enabled, please complete the following configuration steps.
- If these options are not enabled, the cluster can still use the SASL-QOP method. For more information on this method, see Configure for Hive .
Enable TLS/SSL Method
The default Hive JDBC driver provided with your must be replaced with the drive provided by Cloudera. Please complete the following commands, noting the wildcards (*) in the JAR path:
NOTE: The current driver must be removed or replaced in the working directory. Do not leave it in the directory.
| Code Block|
cp /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.8*/jars/hive-jdbc-1.1.0-cdh5.8.0*jar .
Enable the Hive connection. For the Hive connection string options, you must specify something like the following:
| Code Block|
NOTE: The truststore specified above must exist on the and be accessible to the through the listed password. This truststore must contain the certificate for the Hive server.
Save the parameters file. For more information on creating the connection, see Configure for Hive.
- Restart the platform. See Start and Stop the Platform.
- Verify that you can read from a Hive source through the application. See Hive Browser.
To apply your changes, restart the platform. See Start and Stop the Platform.