From the available datastores in the left column, select the target for your publication.
Add Publishing Action
NOTE: Do not create separate publishing actions that apply to the same file or database table.
New/Edit: You can create new or modify existing connections. See Create Connection Window.
- Select the publishing target. Click an icon in the left column.
If Hive publishing is enabled, you must select or specify a database table to which to publish.
Depending on the running environment, results are generated in Avro or Parquet format. See below for details on specifying the action and the target table.
If you are publishing a wide dataset to Hive, you should generate results using Parquet.
For more information on how data is written to Hive, see Hive Data Type Conversions.
Locate a publishing destination: Do one of the following.
NOTE: The publishing location must already exist before you can publish to it. The publishing user must have write permissions to the location.
NOTE: If your HDFS environment is encrypted, the default output home directory for your user and the output directory where you choose to generate results must be in the same encryption zone. Otherwise, writing the job results fails with a
Publish Job Failederror. For more information on your default output home directory, see User Profile Page.
- To sort the listings in the current directory, click the carets next to any column name.
- For larger directories, browse using the paging controls.
- Use the breadcrumb trail to explore the target datastore. Navigate folders as needed.
- Search: Use the search bar to search for specific locations in the current folder only.
- Manual entry: Click the Edit icon to manually edit or paste in a destination.
Choose an existing file or folder: When the location is found, select the file to overwrite or the folder into which to write the results.
NOTE: You must have write permissions to the folder or file that you select.
- To write to a new file, click Create a new file.
Create a new file: See below.
- Create Folder: Depending on the storage destination, you can click it to create a new folder for the job inside the currently selected one. Do not include spaces in your folder name.
To save the publishing destination, click Save Settings.
If any of the datasets contain variable parameters, you can apply overrides to the default values of the variables. Click the listed default value and insert a new value. A variable can have an empty value.
|D s job overrides|
NOTE: Variable overrides apply only to this job. Subsequent jobs use the default variable values, unless specified again. No data validation is performed on entries for override values.
When you generate file-based results, you can configure the filename, storage format, compression, number of files, and the updating actions in the right-hand panel.
Output File Settings