NOTE: Any user with a valid user account can import data from a local file.
Login to the application.
Tip: When you login for the first time, you can immediately import a dataset to begin transforming it.
- In the menubar, click Library. Click Import Data.
To add a dataset:
- Select the connection where your source is located. For this basic workflow, select Upload to upload a file from your local desktop. You can select multiple files to upload. For this example, select only one file.
- Navigate and select the file or files for your source. Click Open.
- To queue the dataset for uploading, click the Plus icon next to its name.
To begin working with a your dataset, you must first add it into a flow, which is a container for datasets. Click the Add Dataset to a Flow checkbox and enter the name for a new flow. Click Import & Add to Flow.
Tip: If you have selected a single file, you can begin wrangling it immediately. Click Import and Wrangle. The flow Tip
click Continue. The flow is created for you, andis named based on the dataset name. Your dataset
your dataset is automatically added to it.
- After the flow has been created, you You can begin working immediately with the flow objects. See Flow View Page.Select the dataset and click Create New Recipe. Now, click Edit Recipe to begin working with the dataset in the Transformer page. See Transform Basics.
Tip: If you are interested, you can create a visual profile of your source data before you begin transforming. For more information, see Profiling Basics.
For For more information, see Import Tasks.