Please complete the instructions in this section if you are upgrading from version 5.0 of
Before you upgrade, please do the following:
- Login as an admin to the application.
- From the left nav bar, select Settings > Admin Settings.
Locate the following parameter:
- Store the current value for safekeeping. It must be applied again to a new parameter after upgrade.
Upgrading your instance of
for Azure follows these basic steps:
- Back up the databases and configuration for your existing platform instance.
- Download the latest version of
- Uninstall the existing version of . Install the version you downloaded in the previous step.
- Upgrade the databases.
- Start up . This step automatically upgrades the configurations.
- Within the application, perform required configuration updates in the upgraded instance.
Instructions for these steps are provided below.
Before you begin, you should backup your current instance.
- SSH to your current Marketplace instance.
Stop the on your current Marketplace instance:
sudo service trifacta stop
- Update the backup script with a more current version.
If you have not done so already, download 5.0.0 backup script from the following location:
Example command to download the script:
curl --output trifacta-backup-config-and-db.sh \
Overwrite the downloaded script to the following location:
Verify that this script is executable:
sudo chmod 775 /opt/trifacta/bin/setup-utils/trifacta-backup-config-and-db.sh
Run the backup script:
When the script is complete, the output identifies the location of the backup. Example:
Store the backup in a safe location.
Download the latest version by using the command belowcode
Uninstall and install software
To uninstall older version of
, execute as root user the following command on the
apt-get remove trifacta
apt-get install supervisor=3.2.4
|Upgrade the Databases|
|Upgrade the Databases|
Install the latest version that was downloaded. Execute the following command as root:
dpkg -i <location of the 5.1 deb file>
To migrate the DBs and upgrade configs from the older version of
to the latest version, the platform needs to be started. To start the
on the instance:
service trifacta start
The database version is PostgreSQL 9.6, which uses a different port number than the previous version. You must verify that the platform is using the appropriate port number to access the databases.
- Login to the .
Edit the following file:
- Locate the listed database port number. Typically, this value is
- Close the file.
Locate the following parameters, which define the port numbers used by each . The values below are the defaults but may be different:
NOTE: All databases should use the same port number.
"webapp.db.port" = 5433;
"batch-job-runner.db.port" = 5433;
"scheduling-service.database.port" = 5433;
"time-based-trigger-service.database.port" = 5433;
The above values should be updated with the value from the
postgresql.conf file, if they differ.
Save and close the file.
NOTE: This section applies only if you are upgrading Release 5.1 or later.
Beginning in Release 5.1, you can configure the platform to access WASB using configuration stored in the
, including the SAS token.
In your pre-upgrade environment, if you enabled WASB access through a Key Vault, you must set the following property to
true. This property is new in Release 5.1 and defaults to
Locate and set the following property to
Locate your saved value for
azure.wasb.defaultStore.sasTokenId. Set the following property to the saved value:
- Save your changes.
No other configuration is required to enable your previous WASB access.
NOTE: This section applies to upgrades to Release 5.1 and later.
Beginning in Release 5.1, the
wasb: storage protocol is no longer supported. All interactions with WASB are managed through
wasbs: at this point, using the SAS token that must be created for all environments using WASB as the base storage layer.
NOTE: If you created any External Datasources for a SQL DW connection using the
wasb: protocol before you upgraded, then you must recreate them using the
wasbs: protocol in your upgraded instance. See Create SQL DW Connections.
The upgrade is complete. To verify:
Restart the platform:
sudo service trifacta start
- Run a simple job with profiling.
- Verify that the job has successfully completed.
- In the Jobs page, locate the job results. See Jobs Page.
- Click View Details next to the job to review the profile.