- Some aspects of the import process can be modified. In the right panel, click Edit Settings for a file that you have imported.
- By default, the application applies a few steps to file-based imported datasets to attempt to organize them into tabular format and hides these steps from your recipe. As needed, you can disable these automated steps, so that the steps themselves appear in the Recipe panel. For more information, see Remove Initial Structure.
- If your file uses a different file encoding than the default encoding, you can change it for the file during the import process. For more information, see Change File Encoding.
- When you are ready to complete the import process:
- If you are importing a single file: click Import to load it into the Library page. Or, you can click Import & Wrangle to import the file, add click Continue to load to add it to a new flow of the same name, create a recipe for the imported dataset, and begin editing that recipe in the . See Transformer pagePage.
- If you are importing multiple files: click Import Datasets to click Continue to load them into the Library page. Or, you can click the Add Datasets to Flow checkbox to select or create the flow to which to add these imported datasets. Click Import & Add to Flowa new flow. You can begin working with them in Flow View. See Flow View Page.
- Your files are imported available as imported datasets.
For more information, see Import Data Page.