- All desktop users of the platform must have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on their desktops.
- All desktop users must be able to connect to the EC2 instance via over the port Trifacta is listening on (default 3005)on which is listening. Default is 3005.
NOTE: enforces a maximum limit of 30 users.
Before you install the platform, please verify that the following steps have been completed.
EULA. Before you begin, please review the End-User License Agreement. See See End-User License Agreement.
- SSH Key-pair. Please verify that there is an SSH key pair available to assign to the .
Install Steps - CloudFormation template
This install process creates the following:
- on an EC2 instance.
- An S3 bucket to store data.
- IAM roles and policies to access the S3 bucket from the .
- In the Marketplace listing, click Deploy into an existing VPC.
- Select Template: The template path is automatically populated for you.
- Specify Details:
Stack Name: Display name of the application
NOTE: Each instance of the should have a separate name.
Instance Type: Only one instance type is enabled.
Key Pair: Select the SSH pair to use for access.
Allowed HTTP Source: Please specify the IP address or range of address from which HTTP/HTTPS connections to the application are permitted.
Allowed SSH Source: Please specify the IP address or range of address from which SSH connections to the EC2 instance are permitted.
- Options: None of these is required for installation. Specify your options as needed for your environment.
- Review: Review your installation and configured options.
- Select the checkbox at the end of the page.
- To launch the configured instance, click Create.
- In the Stacks list, select the name of your application. Click the Outputs tab and collect the following information. Instructions in how to use this information is provided later.
- No outputs will appear until the stack has been created successfully.
URL and port number to which to connect to the
|Users must connect to this IP address and port number to access.|
|TrifactaBucket||The address of the default S3 bucket||This value must be applied through the application.|
|TrifactaInstanceId||The identifier for the instance of the platform|
This value is the default password for the admin account.
NOTE: This password must be changed immediately.
When the instance is spinning up for the first time, performance may be slow. When the instance is up, please navigate to the
| Code Block|
- When the login screen appears, enter the following:
NOTE: As soon as you login as an admin for the first time, you will be prompted to should change the password.
- From the application menu, select the Settings menu. Then, click Settings > Admin Settings.
- In the Admin Settings page, you can configure many aspects of the platform, including user management tasks, and perform restarts to apply the changes.
In the Search bar, enter the following:
| Code Block|
Set the value of this setting to be the
TrifactaBucket value that you collected from the Outputs tab.
When the platform restarts, you can begin using the product.
If you need to SSH to the , you can use the following command:
| Code Block|
ssh -i <path_to_key_file> <userId>@<tri_node_DNS_or_IP>
Path to the key file stored on your local computer.
|The user ID is always |