- Filepath and source row number information is not available from original Excel files. These references return values from the CSV files that have been converted on the backend. For more information, see Source Metadata References.
Source Excel files with cells bracketed by single double quotes may not be properly ingested if any terminating quotes are missing.
Tip: You can check the data quality bars for mismatched values or, for strings, the data histogram bars for anomalous values to see if the above issue is present. If so, deselect Detect Structure on import. Then, use a Split rows transformation applied to the affected column to break up the column as needed.
- You cannot import password-protected Excel files.
- Compressed Excel files are not supported.
- Conversion of large Excel files require non-linear increases in memory requirements on the
d-s-item item node
- If loading your Excel-based dataset in the Transformer page results in a blank screen, please take a new sample. The file requires conversion again with each generated sampling.
- Latest state of the Excel file may not be reflected in the Transformer page due to caching. When you run a job, the platform always collects the latest version of the data and converts it to CSV for execution.