- WASB is a scalable file storage system for use across all of the nodes (servers) of an HDInsight cluster. As with HDFS for Hadoop, many interactions with WASB are similar with desktop interactions with files and folders. However, what looks like a "file" or "folder" in WASB may be spread across multiple nodes in the cluster. For more information on HDInsight, see https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/hdinsight/.
- This option selects all files in all sub-folders. If your sub-folders contain separate datasets, you should be more specific in your folder selection.
- All files used in a single imported dataset must be of the same format and have the same structure. For example, you cannot mix and match CSV and JSON files if you are reading from a single directory. Files of the same format must have identical column structures.
- When a folder is selected from WASB, the following file types are ignored:
*_FAILEDfiles, which may be present if the folder has been populated by Hadoopfrom the cluster.
- If you have stored files in WASB that begin with an underscore (
_), these files cannot be read during batch transformation and are ignored. Please rename these files through WASB so that they do not begin with an underscore.