- When this value is present, this this seed value is is used as part of the random number generator such that its output is a set of pseudo-random values, which are consistent between job executions.
- When the browser is refreshed, the random numbers remain consistent when the seed value is present.
- This value must be a valid literal Integer value. Column references or functions returning Integer values are not supported.
derive type:single value: RAND() as:'random'
Output: For each row, generate a random number between 0 and 1 in the new
Example with seed value:
derive type:single value: RAND(2) as:'random'
Output: For For each row, generate a random number between 0 and 1 in the new
random function. The generated random set of random values are consistent between job executions and are, in part, governed by the seed value
There are no arguments for this function.
derive type:single value: RAND([int_value])
Optional Integer literal that is used to generate random numbers. Use of a seed value ensures consistency of output between job executions.
- Literal numeric values should not be quoted. Quoted values are treated as strings.
- Multiple columns and wildcards are not supported.
|Required?||Data Type||Example Value|
Example - Random values