is integrated with an EMR cluster:
D s platform
- EMR version 5.8.0 or later
- EMR cluster has been configured with HiveServer2
The Hive deployment must be integrated with AWS Glue.
NOTE: Hive connections are supported when S3 is the backend datastore.
- For HiveServer2 connectivity, the
has direct access to the Master node of the EMR cluster.
d-s-item item node
- Hive metastore must be configured to use AWS Glue
- For Hive on AWS EMR to access AWS Glue, EMR roles assigned to the cluster should have the AWS Glue functions in their IAM roles. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/emr/latest/ManagementGuide/emr-iam-roles-defaultroles.html#emr-iam-contents-ec2role.