is connected to an EMR cluster.
D s item item instance Info
NOTE: EMRFS Consistency View must be enabled.
See Configure for EMR.
is deployed in EC2.
D s platform
- PUBLIC schema: If you do not create an external staging database:
PUBLICschema is required in your default database.
- If you do not provide a stage database, then a temporary stage is created for you under the
PUBLICschema in the default database.
PUBLICschema. For more information, see Enable Snowflake Connections
- S3 bucket: The user-created stage must point to the same S3 bucket as the default bucket in use by
D s product
- Same region: The Snowflake cluster must be in the same region as the default S3 bucket.
- Login to the application.
- In the menu, click Settings menu > Settings > Connections.
- In the Create Connection page, click the Snowflake connection card.
Specify the properties for your Snowflake database connection. The following parameters are specific to Snowflake connections:
NOTE: In Snowflake connections, property values are case-sensitive. Snowflake-related locations are typically specified in capital letters.
Snowflake account to use. Suppose your hostname is the following:
Your account name is the following:
|Warehouse||The name of the warehouse to which to connect|
If you have deployed a Snowflake stage for managing file conversion to tables, you can enter its name here. A stage is a database object that points to an external location on S3. It must be an external stage containing access credentials.
If a stage is used, then this value is typically the schema and the name of the stage. Example value:
If a stage is not specified, a temporary stage is created using the current user's AWS credentials.
For more information on stages, see https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/sql-reference/sql/create-stage.html.
|Database for Stage|
(optional) If you are using a Snowflake stage, you can specify a database other than the default one to host the stage
If no value is specified, then your stage must be in the default database.
For more information, see Create Connection Window.