This section describes the basics of creating Tableau Server connections from within the application.
NOTE: You can export Tableau format (TDE) files as part of exporting results from the platform. For more information, see Publishing Dialog.
- Navigate to the following: https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/api/sdk/en-us/SDK/tableau_sdk_installing.htm#downloading
- Complete any required licensing steps.
- Download this version: Tableau SDK for C/C++/Java (64-bit).
- Transfer the file to the
D s node
Extract it in a directory where the
trifactaaccount has read and execute permissions.
NOTE: The above directory should be located outside of the install directory for the platform software.
- Retain the path to this directory. This directory is assumed to have the following name:
- Platform configuration must be updated to point to this SDK.
D s config
Update the following property:
"batch-job-runner.env.LD_LIBRARY_PATH" = "<tableau-extract-dir>/lib64/tableausdk/"
Add to the Batch Job Runner classpath to the current classpath (
<current_classpath_values>). You must replace
<tableau-extract-dir>with the path where you extracted the Tableau Server SDK:
- Save your changes and restart the platform.
Workspace administrators must enable workspace users to publish to TDE format. For more information, see Workspace Admin Page.
Create Tableau Server Connection
- Login to the application.
- In the menu, select Settings menu > Settings > Connections. See Connections Page.
- In the Connections page, click Create Connection. See Create Connection Window.
- In the Create Connection window, click the Tableau Server connection card.
Specify the properties for your Tableau Server.
Property Description Server URL
The URL to the Tableau Server to which you are connecting. To specify an SSL connection, use
https://for the protocol identifier.
NOTE: By default, this connection assumes that the port number is
80. To use a different port, you must specify it as part of the Server name value:
Enter the value that appears after
/site/in your target location.
Example target URL:
Enter the following for the Site setting:
User Name The username to use to connect. Password The password associated with the username. Test Connection Click this button to test the connection that you have specified. Connection Name The name of the connection as you want it to appear in the user interface. Description This description is displayed in the user interface.
For more information, see Create Connection Window.