- You cannot create datasets with parameters from uploaded data.
- You cannot create dataset with parameters from multiple file types.
- File extensions can be parameterized. Mixing of file types (e.g. TXT and CSV) only works if they are processed in an identical manner, which is rare.
- You cannot create parameters across text and binary file types.
- You cannot apply parameters to write or publishing operations.
- Parameter and variable names can be up to 255 characters in length.
- For regular expression patterns, the following reference types are not supported due to the length of time to evaluate:
Backreferences. The following example matches on
cxcyet generates an error:
Lookahead assertions: The following example matches on
a, but only when it is part of an
abpattern. It generates an error:
- For some source file types, such as Parquet, the schemas between source files must match exactly.
For each type of parameter, you can apply override values as needed.
|dataset parameters||When you run a job, you can apply override values to variables for your imported datasets. See Run Job Page.|
At the flow level, you can apply override values to flow parameters. These values are passed into the recipe and the rest of the flow for evaluation during recipe development and job execution.
|output parameters||When you define your output objects in Flow View, you can apply override values to the parameterized output paths on an as-needed basis when you specify your job settings. See Run Job Page.|
Order of Parameter Evaluation