- The default sample is the initial sample.
- By default, each sample is 10 MB in size or the entire dataset if it's smaller.
- If the source data is larger than 10MB in size, a random sample is automatically generated for you when the recipe is first loaded in the Transformer page.
- The initial sample is selected by default. When the automatic random sample has finished generation, it can be manually selected for display.
- If your source of data is a directory containing multiple files, the initial sample for the combined dataset is generated from the first set of rows in the first filename listed in the directory.
If the matching file is a multi-sheet Excel file, the sample is taken from the first sheet in the file.If you are wrangling a dataset with parameters, the initial sample loaded in the Transformer page is taken from the first matching dataset.