- Administrators should complete the first section to set up the product for use.
- After set up is complete, individual users should complete the second section to get started using the product.
Having difficulties? To speak to a support representative, click the icon in the corner and submit your question.
Before you begin. If you are using your own AWS S3 buckets, you should prepare them and their access policies to ensure that
can integrate with them.
D s product product aws Info
NOTE: If you do not have these AWS resources, they can be created for you. Details are below.
- Technical setup: Please share the technical setup section with your S3 administrator.
- Register. Complete the simple online workflow to license and create your
D s product product aws
- Workspace setup. Before you invite other users to your workspace, you should complete a few setup steps.
- Invite users. If you intend to share the workspace with other users, you can invite them from within it.
- Wrangle away!
Before You Begin
Hosted on Amazon Web Services,
is designed to natively interact with AWS datasources, so that you can rapidly transform your data investments in AWS.
D s product product aws
|D s item|
When the product is first launched, a default storage environment is automatically created for you as part of this setup process.
|D s tfs|
|D s company|
Any of the following storage environment options can be configured after completing sign-up:registration. These environments can be configured through the
|D s webapp|
|Default Storage Environment||Additional Storage Environment|
NOTE: If you are using your own AWS/S3 resources, you must acquire configuration information before you can connect to your S3 assets. These requirements for these resources are covered later.
Whitelist the IP address range of the
|D s item|
|D s ed|
|D s item|
NOTE: The database to which you are connecting must be available from the
|D s item|
For Redshift, there are two ways to whitelist the IP range depending on if you are using EC2-VPC or EC2-Classic (not common).
- EC2-VPC (Security group): Add the IP address range to the inbound rule for the security group associated with the cluster. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/gsg/rs-gsg-authorize-cluster-access.html#rs-gsg-how-to-authorize-access-vpc-security-group.
- EC2-Classic: Add the IP address range to the inbound rule for the security group associated with the EC2 instance. For more information, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/gsg/rs-gsg-authorize-cluster-access.html#rs-gsg-how-to-authorize-access-cluster-security-group.
For details on this process with RDS in general, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/Overview.RDSSecurityGroups.html
For more information, please contact
|D s support|
|D s product|
Tip: You can begin using
To begin the registration process, please visit https://www.trifacta.com/start-wrangling.
After you have completed registration, please login , you must verify your email address. After verification, log in to the application. The Home page is displayed.
NOTE: You can now access online documentation through the application. From the left nav bar, select Help menu > Documentation.
For more information on changing the default storage environment or enabling S3 as a storage environment, see Configure Storage Environment.
Set up AWS Credentials
If you selected AWS as your cloud provider during registration, you must provide your AWS credentials. For more information, see AWS Account Page.
Review Workspace Settings
As the first registered user, you are assigned the workspace admin role, which provides control over workspace-level settings. Before you invite users to the workspace, you should review and modify the basic configuration for the workspace.
For more information, see Workspace Settings Page.
NOTE: Workspace administrators should complete the following steps to verify that the product is operational end-to-end.
NOTE: First-time users of the product should access it by invitation only. Do not provide direct URLs to first-time users.
- You can invite other people to join your workspace.
- When users initially join your workspace, they are assigned a non-admin role. Through the Workspace Users page, you can assign roles.
- Select User menu > Admin Console > Users. Then, click Invite Users.
- For more information, see Users Page.
- The workspace administrators must provide credentials for each workspace member account. See Users Page.
When a new workspace is created, the first user is provided a set of example flows. These flows are intended to teach by example and illustrate many recommended practices for building your own flows. For more information on example flows, see Workflow Basics.
Getting Started for Workspace Users
Tip: After you have registered for a trial, you can immediately begin using the product.
This section contains additional steps that may be required to use all features of the product.
When you login for the first time, you may see a Missing Storage Settings error message. Your storage settings must be configured before you can import data and run jobs.
When you connect to the product, you may see a banner indicating that you have not confirmed your email address.
, click the button in the banner to send an email to the address that you used to register.
D s webapp
You should receive an email like the following:
- Click the link.
Individual users may be required to provide their own AWS authentication credentials. When they login for the first time, you may see a Missing Storage Settings error message. For more information, see AWS Account Page.
To verify that the workspace is operating correctly for your configuration, run a job. See "Verify Operations" above.
To access the full customer documentation, from the left nav bar, select Help menu > Documentation.
The following resources can assist workspace users in getting started with wrangling.