The Users page
removing users from
your project or workspace. You can also reset passwords and change roles.
Workspace Users Page
- Click one of the tabs to display all users of the workspace or a filtered list based on user status.
- Pending invitations can be reviewed in the Invited tab.
Name: Display name for the user. Click the name of the user to review details about the user account. See Workspace See User Details Page.
- Email: Username (email address of users)
- Status: Current status of the user. See "Status" below.
- Last login: Timestamp for the last time that the user logged in to the workspacethe
D s webapp
- Invite users: See "Invite Users" below.
- Search: Enter text to begin searching for specific usernames or email addresses.
- Sort: Click a column name to sort the list of users in ascending or descending order.
- Configure storage: If per-user access is enabled for the workspace, you can configure the access credentials for individual users, either using key-secret combinations or IAM roles. For more information, see Configure Your Access to S3.
- Edit: Modify
- Modify user properties, including platform roles. See "Edit Users" below.
Reset password: Self-service password reset is enabled by default. If enabled, click this option to send an email to the user to reset his or her password.
- Change admin role: Change the workspace role of the user. See Workspace Roles below.
|D s webapp|
- The suspended user disabled user still counts against the project or workspace limit.
All of the user's flows and datasets are retained.
NOTE: Schedules owned by a disabled user continue to execute. An admin can disable the schedule. See Schedules Page.
- Resources such as connections and flows that are owned by the user become inaccessible to workspace other users that have access.
- To permit a user access again, select Reactivate memberselect Enable.
- Remove: When a user is removed, the user's account, including all assets such as imported datasets, samples, and recipes, are removed from the workspace
D s webapp
At time of removal, you can choose to transfer ownership of the user's assets to another user. If those assets are not transferred, they are removed with the user's account.
If you must recover a removed user or that user's assets, please contact
within 14 days of the deletion.
D s support
- A workspace An admin cannot remove himself or herself from the project or workspace.
Users in the workspace can be set to one of the following statuses:
- Invited: User has been sent an email but has not yet clicked the link to activate the workspace account.Suspended
- Enabled: User can log in and use the
D s webapp
Disabled: User account has been suspended disabled by a workspace administrator from using the an administrator. User cannot use the project or workspace.
NOTE: A suspended disabled user's flows and datasets are still stored within the workspace
. However, the user cannot access them. Ownership of these objects has not been transferred. A workspace An administrator has ownership privileges on the user's objects.
D s webapp
To invite users to your project or workspace, please do the following:
NOTE: When a user accepts your invitation, the additional user counts toward the maximum number of permitted users of the workspace.
NOTE: If you are re-inviting a user who has been removed, you must wait 14 days to invite the user back to the same project or workspace and retain the user's data. If restoring the user's flows and recipes is not important, please contact
To modify a user account in the workspace, please complete the following steps.
NOTE: For security reasons, an administrator is not permitted to edit some settings in the administrator's own account.
- Locate the user in the list of users in the workspace.
- In the context menu on the right side of the user's listing, select Edit.
In the Edit User dialog, modify the following properties as needed:
Name: The display name of the user.
Email: The email address is used as the login identifier. This value cannot be modified.
Roles: Select or remove the workspace roles to assign to the user. For more information, see Workspace Roles Page.
Users can have one of the following roles:
NOTE: Users whose roles have changed may be logged out of the application. When they log in again, the new roles are applied.
A user with the
default role has basic privileges to use the product.
A user with the
Workspace admin role all user privileges, as well as the ability to administer the workspace.
As needed, you can create custom roles. For more information, Create Role.