In the Transformer page, you can filter data from display in the data grid or from the dataset permanently.
You can apply various tools to remove columns of data and rows based on conditions you define. For more information on how to permanently remove rows and columns of data from the sample and the dataset, see Remove Data.
- To toggle display of a single column in the data grid, select the drop-down next to the column name. Then, select Edit column > Hide.
- See Column Menus.
- You can also hide one or more columns through the Column Browser.:
- In the Transformer page, click click the Columns icon in the toolbar.
- In the Column Browser, select the column or columns to hide. From the Actions drop-down, select Edit > Hide.
- See Column Browser Panel.
- Hidden columns must be resurfaced through the Visible Columns panel.
To show a hidden column, click the Eye icon in the status bar at the bottom of the page. In the Visible Columns panel, click the Eye icon next to the column name. The column is displayed again in the data grid or column browser.
Tip: You can use the Visible Columns panel to toggle the display of single columns or multiple columns at the same time. See Visible Columns Panel.
Filter the data grid
In the data grid panel, you can apply row- or column-based filters. At the top of the data grid, click Filters. In the drop-downFilter panel:
Columns: Search for individual columns or filter columns of a specific type. Filtered columns are displayed, and the rest are hidden.
- Rows: Highlight search term matches found in any column for a row.
Filter during previews
When you are constructing transforms, the expected results are previewed in the data grid. As needed, you can narrow the display to only the affected rows, columns, or both. Select the appropriate checkbox or checkboxes in the status bar at the bottom of the Transformer page.
For more information, see Data Grid Panel.
For more information on previewed transforms, see Transform Preview.
|D s also|