The following types of jobs can be executed in
- Convert jobs: Some datasources, such as binary file or JSON formats, must be converted to a format that can be easily read by the . During data ingestion, the datasource is converted to a natively supported file format and stored on backend storage.
- Transform job: This type of job executes the steps in your recipe against the dataset to generate results in the specified format. When you configure your job, any set of selected output formats causes a transform job to execute according to the job settings.
- Profile job: This type of job builds a visual profile of the generated results. When you configure your job, select Profile Results to generate a profile job.
- Gather a new sample. In some cases, jobs can fail when run at scale because the sample displayed in the Transformer page did not include problematic data. If you have modified the number of rows or columns in your dataset, you can generate a new sample, which might illuminate the problematic data. However, gathering a new sample may fail as well, which can indicate a broader problem. See Samples Panel.
Download Error Report
When a job fails, you can download an error report, which can be useful for diagnosing issues:
Tip: If you are filing a request with , please be sure to include this error report. Additionally, please provide the information available in the About > Report issue dialog.
- Login to the as an admin or the user who created the job.
- Click the Jobs link in the left navigation bar.
- In the Jobs page, click the identifier for the job that failed.
- In the Overview tab, review the Failed Stages entry or entries.
- To acquire the error report, click Download error report. Review and forward the report as needed.
For each job in the failing job group, the error report contains:
The internal job identifier within the workspace where the error occurred. This value matches the job ID that is displayed in the
The identifier of the workspace where the error occurred
Tip: The workspace-person combination of identifiers provides a unique ID for the account where the error occurred.
The ID for the specific job in the job group. These jobs can include sampling, profiling, transformation, writing results, ingesting data, and more.
Tip: Individual job identifiers can be helpful in identifying specific problem areas.
|The internal identifier of the user within the workspace|
The status of the job, such as "Failed", "Completed", "Pending".
|errorMessageId||The ID of the error message that is shown in the UI.|
|errorTimestamp||Timestamp of the job failure. Not included if no error occurs for the job.|
|uiErrorMessage||Error message that is shown in the job UI. Not included if no error occurs for the job.|
If you are unable to diagnose your job failure, please contact
NOTE: When you contact support about a job failure, please be sure to download and include the entire zip file, your recipe, and (if possible) your dataset.
Report an Issue
If you believe that your job has failed due to an issue with , select Help menu > Report issue. Copy your session information to the clipboard and paste it into an email to .
NOTE: customers must contact Google Support.
|D s also|
|label||(label = "project_management_tasks") |