- Single-source transformations, with results rendered without modification to the original source data
- General cleaning and transformation operations on numerical and textual data of varying and custom data types
- Structural transformations for managing nested data like JSON and XML
- Multi-dataset transformations such as lookups, joins, and unions
- Transformation of data to metadata, such as pivot and unpivot operations
- text selection patterns, including regular expressions, as a macro-type set of references. See Text Matching.