The publishing option to merge table with every run allows you to update existing rows of data in the target table with corresponding values from your results (merge) and optionally to insert any or delete matching rows in from your results into the table.
- In the Table Settings panel, select Merge the table every run.
- Choose columns Primary keys for matching rows: Select one or more columns whose values determine if a row in your source results matches a row in the target. When these key values match, the following columns are updated.
- If the matching columns have duplicate rows in the target table, all rows in the target are updated.
- If the matching columns have duplicate rows in the source, the job fails.
Choose columns to updateAction on target table for matched rows: Select the action to apply to the target record when a match is found between the key columns:
- Update: The values from your results are updated into the columns specified below.
- Delete: The row in the target table is deleted.
Keys to be updated: Select one or more columns whose values are updated from your source results when values from the previous set of columns match. These are the columns that are merged into the table.
Tip: If All Columns is selected, all columns other than the matching columns are updated on a match. All columns continue to be updated even if the schema changes, and the matching columns remain in the schema.
- Insert records if keys don't matchsource rows if no match in target:
- When selected, rows in your source that do not have a matching set of values in key columns are inserted into the table as new rows.
- When deselected, these unmatched rows are not written to the target table.
- Delete target rows if no match in source:
- When selected, all rows in the target that do not have a matching set of key fields your source results are deleted.
- When deselected, unmatched rows in the target are not deleted.