Follow these steps to use a template.Steps :
From the Home page, select the required template. For more information, see Home Page.
NOTE: If you want to use a blank flow, you can select the Create a new flow option. For more information, see Create Flow Page.
- A new flow is created, with the
- X, where:
Template Nameis the name of the template you have selected
Xis a number.
Tip: Click the
- X, to enter a flow name and description.
- Review the guidelines to populate each placeholder in the template. A template has been specified when you have configured one instance of each of the following:
- Dataset: Click the Dataset placeholder to select a dataset to import. For more information, see Import Data Page.
- Recipe: After you import a dataset, an empty recipe is created for you. To build your recipe, click the recipe placeholder. For more information, see Transformer Page.
Output: Click the output placeholder. Specify the file or table output to which results are written.
NOTE: In some cases, an output placeholder may not be available in the template. You may need to create the output object.
For more information, see Create Outputs.
The Create Output dialog box is displayed.
Create Output dialog
- Select the required loading option. For more information, see Loading Options below.
- Then, select objects from the available drop-downs to specify the table that you are loading. For example, for BigQuery, after you select the Project, you can specify the Dataset and Table to load.
- To add the output, click Save.
- The output is saved in the selected destination.
- When finished, the specified objects are displayed in the flow. For more information, see Flow View Page.
- To run a job, select the output object, and click Run. For more information, see Run Job Page.