A sample is a selection of rows from your dataset, which can be used as the basis for building the transformation steps in your recipe. The
automatically creates initial data samples of your data whenever you create a new recipe for a dataset and enables you to create additional samples at any time using a variety of sampling techniques.
D s webapp
When you create a new recipe and load it in the Transformer page, the
|D s webapp|
sample of the dataset. The initial
sample consists of the first X rows of the datasets, where X is determined by the following factors:
- The number of columns in the dataset
- The amount of data in each cell
- The maximum permitted size of each sample
- In the Transformer page, click the Eyedropper icon at the top of the page.
The Samples panel is displayed.
At the top of the panel, you can review the current sampleCurrent Sample.
Tip: In some cases, If the current sample indicates Full Data, then the entire dataset is displayed in the data grid. Unless you wish to use a specific sampling technique to filter down your data, sampling may not be useful across the entire dataset.
- Below the current sample, you can see the available sample types. To take a new random sample:
- Click the Random card.
Depending on your product edition, you may be able to select Quick Scan or Full Scan.
- Quick Scan creates your sample by making some assumptions about the data when it scans.
- Full Scan creates your sample by scanning across all rows of the dataset. This option can take awhile across a large dataset.
- Click Collect.
- The sampling job is queued for execution. When it completes, click Load Sample.
- The data grid is refreshed to display the rows gathered in the new random sample.