Learn the basics of how to import, wrangle, execute jobs, profile, and export your data from .
enables analysts, data specialists, and other domain experts to quickly cleanse and transform datasets of varying sizes for use throughout the enterprise. Using an innovative set of web-based tools, you can import complex datasets and wrangle them for use in virtually any target system. Key capabilities include:
Import from flat file
- Locate and remove or modify missing or mismatched data
- Unnest complex data structures
- Identify statistical outliers in your data for review and management
- Perform lookups from one dataset into another reference dataset
- Aggregate columnar data using a variety of aggregation functions
- Normalize column values for more consistent usage and statistical modeling
- Merge datasets with joins
- Append one dataset to another through union operations
Most of these operations can be executed with a few mouse clicks. This section provides a basic overview of common workflows through
Before you begin, please verify the following:
- Example data: You should use a sample set of data during this workflow.
Import data: Integrate data from a variety of sources of data.
Tip: When you login for the first time, you can immediately upload a dataset to begin transforming it.
See Import Basics.
- Profile your data: Before, during, and after you transform your data, you can use the visual profiling tools to quickly analyze and make decisions about your data. See Profiling Basics.
- Build transform recipes: Use the various views in the Transformer Page to build your transform recipes and preview the results on sampled data. See Transform Basics.
Sample your data: In , you create your recipes while working with a sample of your overall dataset. As needed, you can take new samples, which can provide new perspectives and enhance performance in complex flows. See Sampling Basics.
Run job: Launch a job to run your recipe on the full dataset. Review results and iterate as needed. See Running Job Basics.
- Export results: Export the generated results data for use outside of . See Export Basics.
Object overview: You should review the overview of the objects that are created and maintained in
. See Object Overview
New users of can learn by example! When a new workspace is created, the first user can access example flows through the product. You can learn more about how to build a flow and perhaps acquire some tips on how to apply to your uses.
- Log in to the .
- In the left navigation bar, click the Flows icon.
- Select any of the
Example Flow flows.
- Each flow contains detailed notes on the various objects in the flow, as well as recommended practices for building your own flows.