- Parameters: Add a reference to a flow parameter in your transformation. See Manage Parameters Dialog.
- Metadata. You can insert special strings that evaluate to references of your dataset's metadata. For more information, see Source Metadata References.
For more information on pattern-based matching, see Text Matching.
Flow parameter: You can also insert a flow parameter into your pattern-based inputs in the Transform Builder. To reference a flow parameter, click the Parameterize icon above any field that accepts pattern-based inputs.
- The parameter values or any overrides applied to those values are applied to the results displayed in the data grid, as well as during job execution.
- For more information on creating flow parameters, see Manage Parameters Dialog.
- For more information on parameterization, see Overview of Parameterization.
In the Transform Builder, transforms that require delimiter are organized into delimiter groups, so that you specify only the elements of a pattern that work together. Delimiter groups apply to the following transforms:
The output can always be ordered using the
sort transform. See Sort Transform.New Column Name parameter: For transforms that generate new columns, such as
extract, you can optionally specify the name of the new column, which saves adding a step to rename it. In the following example, the values of
colB are summed and written to the new column
After you have added a step, you can modify it as needed. In the Recipe panel, select the Pencil icon next to the recipe step. The step is displayed for editing in the Transform Builder.
|D s also|