- Range joins apply only keys whose data types can be compared.
For example, for joins involving keys of Binary data type, you can use Equal to or Not equal to joins.
Tip: Range joins cannot be applied to Datetime data type values directly. However, if you convert the values to numeric Unix time values, you should be able to specify a range join. For more information, see UNIXTIME Function.
- Any range comparison that includes one or more string columns as keys uses the string comparison greater/less than, not the numerical comparison.
- In the Search panel, enter
join datasetsin the search box.
- Select the dataset with which to join the current one. Then, click Accept.
- In the Join window, select the join type.
- In the Join Keys area, click the Pencil icon.
- Specify the fields in the current dataset and the joined-in dataset.
From the Condition drop-down, select the range operator to use:
Select range operator
Specify other properties for the matching keys.
Click Save and Continue.
Specify other elements of the join. When finished, click Add to Recipe.