This section describes the basics of creating
connections from within the application.
NOTE: You can export files as part of exporting results from the platform. For more information, see Publishing Dialog.
Supported Versions: 10.5.x and later
|Read||Not supported||Not supported||Not supported|
- This connection type only enables publication.
- You cannot read data from .
- When created in the application, publish-only connections must be created through the Connections page.
Enable Hyper format
Hyper format generation is enabled by default. To enable the generation of results into Hyper format, please verify the following:
- Login as an administrator.
Locate the following setting:
Hyper output format
- Set it to
- No other configuration is required.
The user who is publishing to
must have exec permissions on the temporary directory on the backend datastore. This directory is used to write the intermediate file format locally, before it is published to
. For more information, see Supported File Formats
Create through application
Any user can create a
connection through the application.
NOTE: Only an administrator can make a connection available for all users.
- In the left nav bar, select the Connections icon. See Connections Page.
- In the Connections page, click Create Connection. See Create Connection Window.
- In the Create Connection window, click the connection card.
Specify the properties for your Tableau Server.
The URL to the
to which you are connecting. To specify an SSL connection, use
for the protocol identifier.
NOTE: By default, this connection assumes that the port number is
80. To use a different port, you must specify it as part of the Server name value:
Enter the value that appears after
/site/ in your target location.
Example target URL:
Enter the following for the Site setting:
|User Name||The username to use to connect.|
|Password||The password associated with the username.|
|Test Connection||Click this button to test the connection that you have specified.|
|Connection Name||The name of the connection as you want it to appear in the user interface.|
|Description||This description is displayed in the user interface.|
For more information, see Create Connection Window.
Create through APIs
You can create this connection type through the APIs:
API: API Reference
For more information, see
|D s api refdoclink|