NOTE: When you import a file, the data is not stored in
NOTE: Before you begin, you should review information on file formats supported for import, which cause your files to fail to import or to be properly ingested and formatted. For more information, see Supported File Formats.
- From the menubar, click Library.
- In the Library page, click Import Data.
- From the left sidebar in the Import Data page, select the connection where your data is located.
- You must have read permissions on any directory and file that you wish to import.
Upload: Navigate your local desktop to select the file or files that you wish to upload.
Tip: You can select multiple files in the same directory for uploading at the same time.
- File-based datastore: If you are uploading from a file-based backend datastore, navigate the available directories to locate your file.
- Microsoft Excel: If you are importing an Excel file that contains multiple worksheets, you must select the worksheets to include as part of your import.
Dataset with Parameters: If you are importing multiple files with similar filenames, you can import them as part of the same dataset using parameters or variables. In this manner, you create a single imported dataset, which automatically includes any new files that appear in the directory and that follow the same file naming pattern.