In the Jobs page, you can track the status of all of your jobs. Jobs can be initiated from:
- Flow View: See Flow View Page.
- Transformer page: See Transformer Page.
Each job listed in the Jobs page is a grouping of related jobs acting on the same recipe and dataset(s). Each of these jobgroups breaks down into one or more of the following job types.
Tip: To review the status of individual jobs within a jobgroup, hover over the value in the Status column for the jobgroup.
- Transform: These jobs perform transformations on imported datasets based on the recipe from which the job was launched.
- Profile: If enabled as part of the job definition, a Profile job generates a visual summary of the results of your transformation job.
- Profiling jobs may take longer than transformation jobs.
Even when selected, profiling jobs may not appear in the Jobs page. In some cases, the running environment may fold a profiling job into a transform job for optimization reasons.
NOTE: When the profiling job is run as part of the transform job, there is no listing for profiling in the mouse-over popup.
- See Job Results Page.
Publishing: As needed, job results can be published from their target location to another location or data store. These jobs are tracked separately as publishing jobs. For more information, see Export Results Window.
Publishing jobs also include internal tasks of writing results in file format to the designated location in the base storage layer. These jobs exist in all jobgroups.
Ingest: For larger datasets from some relational connections, the Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform transfers the data from the source to the default storage layer for faster processing. These ingest jobs occur before any transform or profiling takes place.
You can review and drill into any job that you initiated.
You can also drill into any job that was initiated from a flow that has been shared with you.
Administrators can review read-only listings for jobs created by other users.
- Job: Internal identifier for the job. This value is unique for all jobs in your Alteryx® deployment.
- Click the ID number to explore details about the job. See Job Results Page.
User: The Alteryx user that initiated the job.
- Click the link to view details.
- See Flow View Page.
Queued:Job has been queued for execution.
Running:Job is in progress.
Completed: Job has successfully executed.
Canceled:Job was canceled by user.
Failed:Job failed to complete.
NOTE: You can re-run a failed job from the Transformer page. If you have since modified the recipe, those changes are applied during the second run. See Transformer Page.
Publish Failed: Publishing job failed to complete.
Started: Start timestamp for the job.
- Filter: Click one of the tabs to filter the display to show only the listings for the selected job status.
- Search: Enter text in the search field to filter the listed jobs by job ID, flow name, dataset name, or the name of the user who created it. The list is filtered as you type.
Next to the job listing, click the options menu to see the following:
- View results: If profiling was selected, you can view the results. See Job Results Page.
- View steps and dependencies: View steps of the recipe being executed and any dependencies referenced in the recipe.
Export dependencies as Flow: For any job, you can export a snapshot of the flow, including all dependencies required to generate the job. This export can be useful for recording the state of the flow for job runs.
NOTE: An administrator may need to enable this feature in your environment. For more information, see Miscellaneous Configuration.
- Export Results: Export the results of a completed job. See Export Results Window.
- Cancel Job: Select to cancel a job that is currently being executed.
Delete job: Delete the job from the platform.
Deleting a job cannot be undone.
NOTE: This feature may not be enabled in your instance of the platform. For more information, please contact your Alteryx Administrator. See Miscellaneous Configuration.
Download Logs: Download the logs for the job. If the job is in progress, log information is likely to be incomplete.
Run and Manage Jobs from the Command Line
The Designer Cloud Powered by Trifacta platform provides a command line interface that enables administrators to execute and monitors from the command line. As needed, completed jobs can be published to other datastores.
For more information, see CLI for Jobs.
This page has no comments.