Review the changes to the publicly available REST APIs for the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta® platform for the current release and past releases.
Changes for Release 6.0
Planned End of Life of v3 API endpoints
In Release 6.0, the v3 API endpoints are supported.
In the next release of Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta Enterprise Edition after Release 6.0, the v3 API endpoints will be removed from the product (End of Life).
You must migrate to using the v4 API endpoints before upgrading to the next release after Release 6.0. For more information, see API Migration to v4.
Changes for Release 5.9
Introducing Access Tokens
Each request to the API endpoints of the Designer Cloud powered by Trifacta platform requires submission of authentication information. In Release 5.1 and earlier:
- A request could include clear-text username/password combinations. This method is not secure.
- A request could include a browser cookie. This method does not work for well for use cases outside of the browser (e.g. scripts).
Beginning in Release 5.9, API users can manage authentication using access tokens. These tokens obscure any personally identifiable information and represent a standards-based method of secure authentication.
NOTE: All previous methods of API authentication are supported in this release. Access tokens is the preferred method of authentication.
The basic process works in the following manner:
- API user requests generation of a new token.
- This initial request must contain a valid username and password.
- Request includes expiration.
- Token value is returned in the response.
- The token value inserted into the Authorization header of each request to the platform.
- User monitors current time and expiration time of the token. At any time, the user can request a new token to be generated using the same endpoint used in the initial request.
Access tokens can be generated via API or the Designer Cloud application .
NOTE: This feature must be enabled in your instance of the platform. See Enable API Access Tokens.
- API: For more information, see API AccessTokens Create v4.
- Designer Cloud application : For more information, see Access Tokens Page.
For more information on API authentication methods, see API Authentication.
Changes for Release 5.1
Changes for Release 5.0
Introducing v4 APIs
Release 5.0 signals the introduction of version 4 of the REST APIs.
NOTE: At this time, a very limited number of v4 REST APIs are publicly available. Where possible, you should continue to use the v3 endpoints. For more information, see v4 Endpoints.
NOTE: v3 of the APIs are still supported as of the generally available date for Release 5.0. For more information, see v3 Endpoints.
The following conventions apply to v4 and later versions of the APIs:
Parameter lists are consistently enveloped in the following manner:
- Field names are in
camelCaseand are consistent with the resource name in the URL or with the
From early API versions, foreign keys have been replaced with identifiers like the following:
v3 and earlier v4 and later
Publication endpoint references database differently. This change is to make the publishing endpoint for relational targets more flexible in the future.
v3 and earlier v4 and later
Changes for Release 4.2
Create Hive and Redshift connections via API
You can create connections of these types via API:
- Only one global Hive connection is still supported.
- You can create multiple Redshift connections.
WrangledDataset endpoints are still valid
In Release 4.1.1 and earlier, the WrangledDataset endpoints enabled creation, modification, and deletion of a wrangled dataset object, which also created the associated recipe object.
In Release 4.2, wrangled datasets have been removed from the application interface. However, the WrangledDataset API endpoints remain, although they now apply to the recipe directly.
The following endpoints and methods are still available:
NOTE: In a future release, these endpoints may be migrated to recipe-based endpoints. API users should review this page for each release.
- API WrangledDatasets Create v3
- API WrangledDatasets Get List v3
- API WrangledDatasets Get v3
- API WrangledDatasets Delete v3
- API WrangledDatasets Get PrimaryInputDataset v3
- API WrangledDatasets Put PrimaryInputDataset v3
For more information, see Changes to the Object Model.
This page has no comments.