This install process applies to installing Trifacta® Self-Managed Enterprise Edition on an Azure infrastructure that you manage.
Azure Marketplace deployments:
NOTE: Content in this section does not apply to deployments from the Azure Marketplace, which provide fewer deployment and configuration options. For more information, see the Azure Marketplace.
NOTE: All hardware in use for supporting the platform is maintained within the enterprise infrastructure on Azure.
- Installation of Trifacta Self-Managed Enterprise Edition on a node in Microsoft Azure
- Installation of Trifacta databases on the same node
- Integration with a supported cluster for running jobs.
- Base storage layer and backend datastore of ADLS or WASB
- High availability or failover of the Trifacta node is not supported in Azure.
- High availability of cluster components is automatically managed by the HDI cluster.
- Auto-management does not apply to non-Hadoop clusters, such as Azure Databricks.
For more information on deployment scenarios, see Supported Deployment Scenarios for Azure.
- The application user credentials are used to access to the HDI cluster. Details are provided below.
- ADLS/Storage Blob access is only for the HDInsight cluster's primary storage. Additional storage accounts are not supported.
- HDFS must be set as the base storage layer of the Trifacta platform. Details are provided later.
- S3 integration and AWS-based integrations such as Redshift are not supported.
- Use of HttpFS is not supported.
- Security features such as Kerberos and secure impersonation are not supported.
For more information on the limitations of this deployment scenario, see Product Limitations.
- All desktop users of the platform should have a supported version of Google Chrome installed on their desktops.
- All desktop users must be able to connect to the EC2 instance through the enterprise infrastructure.
Depending on which of the following Azure components you are deploying, additional pre-requisites and limitations may apply. Please review these sections as well.
- Configure SSO for Azure AD
Before you begin, please verify that you have completed the following:
- Review Planning Guide: Please review and verify Install Preparation and sub-topics.
- Read: Please read this entire document before you begin.
- Acquire Assets: Acquire the installation package for your operating system and your license key. For more information, contact Trifacta Support.
- If you are completing the installation without Internet access, you must also acquire the offline versions of the system dependencies. See Install Dependencies without Internet Access.
Cluster sizing: Before you begin, you should allocate sufficient resources for the cluster. For guidance, please contact your Trifacta representative.
- Node: Review the system requirements for the node hosting the Trifacta platform. See System Requirements.
The required set of ports must be enabled for listening. See System Ports.
This node should be dedicated for Trifacta use.
- The platform utilizes a set of databases that must be accessed from the Trifacta node. Databases are installed as part of the workflow described later.
- For more information on the supported databases and versions, see System Requirements.
- For more information on database installation requirements, see Install Databases.
Deploy the Cluster
Deploy and provision a cluster of one of the supported types. The Trifacta platform supports integrations with multiple cluster types.
NOTE: Before you deploy, you should review cluster sizing options. For guidance, please contact your Trifacta representative.
Primary storage of the cluster may be set to an existing Azure Data Lake Store or Blob Storage.
- Any additional storage associated with the cluster is not available through the Trifacta application.
For more information, see Supported Deployment Scenarios for Azure.
Deploy the Trifacta node
In your Azure infrastructure, you must deploy a suitable VM for the installation of the Trifacta platform.
The operating system requirements for the VM for installing the platform vary depending on the type of job execution cluster with which you are running.
|Cluster Type||Supported O/S for VM||Notes|
Trifacta platform must be installed on an edge node of the HDInsight cluster.
|Azure Databricks||CentOS and Ubuntu|
- When you configure the platform to integrate with the cluster, you must acquire some information about the cluster resources. For more information on the set of information to collect, see Pre-Install Checklist in the Install Preparation area.
- For more information, see System Requirements in the Install Preparation area.
- A set of ports must be opened on the VM for the platform. For more information, see System Ports in the Install Preparation area.
For more information on the supported cluster distributions, see Supported Deployment Scenarios for Azure.
Prepare the cluster
Create the following directories, which are specified by parameter in the platform.
Default HDFS path Platform configuration property
/trifacta /trifacta/dictionaries hdfs.pathsConfig.dictionaries /trifacta/libraries hdfs.pathsConfig.libraries /trifacta/queryResults hdfs.pathsConfig.batchResults /trifacta/tempfiles hdfs.pathsConfig.tempFiles /trifacta/uploads hdfs.pathsConfig.fileUpload /trifacta/.datasourceCache hdfs.pathsConfig.globalDatasourceCache
Change the ownership of the above directories to
trifacta:trifactaor the corresponding values for the S3 user in your environment.
Please complete these steps listed in order.
1 - Install Software
Install the Trifacta platform software on the node you created.
NOTE: You must follow the instructions provided for Ubuntu installation.
See Install Software.
2 - Install Databases
The platform requires several databases for storing metadata.
NOTE: The software assumes that you are installing the databases on a PostgreSQL server on the same node as the software. If you are not or are changing database names or ports, additional configuration is required as part of this installation process.
For more information, see Install Databases in the Databases Guide.
3 - Start the platform
For more information, see Start and Stop the Platform.
4 - Login to the Application
After software and databases are installed, you can login to the application to complete configuration. See Login.
As soon as you login, you should change the password on the admin account. In the left menu bar, select Settings > Admin Settings. Scroll down to Manage Users. For more information, see Change Admin Password.
Tip: At this point, you can access the online documentation through the application. In the left menu bar, select Help menu > Product Docs. All of the following content, plus updates, is available online. See Documentation below.
After you have completed the above topics, you can complete the configuration for your deployment below.
NOTE: The following configuration topics are not part of this installation guide. You should log in to the application and access the links below.
- Configure for Azure: Configure the platform to work with Azure.
- Integrate with cluster: If the application is up and running, you can configure to the backend cluster for running jobs. Choose one of the following:
- Azure Databricks
- Integrate with backend storage:
- Set base storage layer: The base storage layer must be set at the time of install and cannot be changed. See Set Base Storage Layer.
- Verify operations: At this point, you should be able to run a job. See Verify Operations.
- Create additional connections: Through connections, you can access other sources of data and, optionally, publish job results.
You can access complete product documentation online and in PDF format. From within the product, select Help menu > Product Docs.The following configuration topics are relevant to Azure deployments. Please review them in order.
|Supported Deployment Scenarios for Azure||Matrix of supported Azure components.|
Top-level configuration topic on integrating the platform with Azure.
Tip: You should review this page.
|Configure for HDInsight|
Review this section if you are integrating the Trifacta platform with a pre-existing HDI cluster.
|Configure for Azure Databricks||Review this section if you are integrating with a pre-existing Azure Databricks cluster.|
|Enable ADLS Access||Configuration to enable access to ADLS.|
|Enable WASB Access||Configuration to enable access to WASB.|
|Verify Operations||You should be able to verify platform operations by running a simple job at this time.|
To enable, see Enable Relational Connections.
Azure-specific relational connections:
|Configure SSO for Azure AD|
How to integrate the Trifacta platform with Azure Active Directory for Single Sign-On.
This page has no comments.