This section covers additional requirements for managing users in SSO environments.
The Trifacta® platform requires additional configuration to integrate with your SSO provider. Available methods:
|SAML IDP||Integrate the platform with enterprise SAML identity provider. See Configure SSO for SAML.|
|Native LDAP-AD||Using native functionality in the platform, it can integrate with enterprise LDAP/AD. For more information, see Configure SSO for AD-LDAP.|
|LDAP-AD via reverse proxy|
A reverse proxy server outside of the platform can be set up for integration with enterprise LDAP/AD.
NOTE: This method is likely to be deprecated in a future release.
For more information, see Configure SSO for AD-LDAP.
Tip: By default, user auto-registration is enabled. It is recommended.
How users are managed depends on whether auto-registration is enabled:
- If auto-registration is enabled, after users provide their credentials, the account is automatically created for them.
- If auto-registration is disabled, a Trifacta administrator must still provision a user account before it is available. See below.
Manage Users with Auto-Registration
After SSO with auto-registration has been enabled, you can still manage users through the Admin Settings page, with the following provisions:
- The Trifacta platform does not recheck for attribute values on each login. If attribute values change with your identity provider, they must be updated in the configuration.
- If the user has been removed from AD, the user cannot sign in to the platform.
- If you need to remove a user from the platform, you should just disable the user through the User Management area.
- If the user is deleted, then if the user returns to the platform in the future, a new account is created for the user.
For more information, see Manage Users.
To disable auto-provisioning in the platform, please verify the following property:
- You can apply this change through the Admin Settings Page (recommended) or
trifacta-conf.json. For more information, see Platform Configuration Methods.
Set the following property:
- Save your changes and restart the platform.
- New users of the Trifacta platform must be provisioned by a Trifacta administrator. See below.
Provision new users under SSO without auto-registration
If SSO auto-registration is disabled, admin users can provision new users of the platform through the following URL:
<hostname>is the host of the Trifacta platform
<sso_port_number>is the port number.
The user's password is unnecessary in an SSO environment. You must provide the SSO principal value, which is typically the Active Directory login for the user.
- If you are connected to a Hadoop cluster, you must provision the Hadoop principal value.
- See Create User Account.
User access for reverse proxy method
Users access the application through the Trifacta node using the standard hostname and the port that you specified:
NOTE: All users must be use this URL to access the Trifacta application. If they use the non-SSO URL, they may receive an
Unprovisioned User error.
This page has no comments.